Thursday, March 21, 2013

World Down Syndrome Day

I don't really have much news to share at this point, but I do want to make sure that I acknowledge the fact that today is World Down Syndrome Day and express how blessed I feel to be the Mommy of a little girl with Down Syndrome. I can't wait until I am the Mommy of three! I am posting a few pictures of Mikaela in celebration of this day. The first one is her dressed as a princess for Halloween. The second is a shot of her with Josiah and Gabriela showing off the outfits that they got for Christmas. Next year, I will make sure to have shots of Mikaela with Isabelle and Hallie.

Several people have asked how our Jimmy John's Fundraiser went, but we don't know yet. As soon as we hear something, we will post about it. Many, many thanks to everyone who participated! It was an encouraging evening for all of us.

We really hoped that by this point we would have had our LID (Log-in Date - the date that our papers are officially entered into the Chinese Central Adoption System). We sent our papers to our agency near the beginning of February, and they sent them on to China right at the end of Chinese New Year. We thought it would only be a week or so after that before we had our LID. Unfortunately, our agency just discovered that one of our papers had been misplaced in China, and no one had let them know about it. Nothing has been done with our papers at all! They were able to straighten everything out, and are very optimistic that we will have LID soon. Please keep praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment